Tips for Packing an Ice Cooler
- Make sure that the cooler is thoroughly cleaned with soap and water since you will be adding food.
- Make sure everything has been pre-chilled before putting it into the cooler
- To ensure that your food is nice and cold, cover with ice, reusable ice packs or freeze bottled water to use instead of cubes to avoid getting water in your food & also so that once the water starts to melt you have a nice cold bottle of water.
- Make sure to pack items in the order that you plan on using them (Example: if you plan on eating sandwiches for lunch and know this is the first thing you will eat make sure to pack it last so that it will be on top). That way you won’t have to go digging through the cooler to find the items you want.
- Do your best to keep your cooler out of the sun and in more of a shaded area so that the ice doesn’t melt as quickly.
- If at all possible pack block ice in your cooler (the larger the block of ice, the longer it takes to melt) so that food will stay cool in warm climates.
- Keep the heat out by ensuring that the ice cooler is kept closed when it isn’t being used.
Ice Cooler Friendly Recipes
Powered by Facebook Comments